First of all, a big huzzah to Blogger for finally getting Blog This! up and running again. Now I can freely blog stuff I like with the click of a button. Well done, peeps.
First off, I’d like to post this Devil’s Dictionary of Iraq Doublespeak by Eric Margolis.
Liberation – Invasion.
* Coalition – The U.S. and British invaders, plus some troops from rent-a-nations like Romania and Poland. In the past, “the coalition” would have been called imperial forces and mercenary auxiliaries.
* Dictator – A ruler you don’t like, or who does not cooperate.
* Statesman – A cooperative dictator.
* Stability – when things go the way Uncle Sam likes, ie., the status quo.
* Instability – when things don’t go the way Unc Sam wants, ie., when trouble-makers try to change the status quo.